Today, the Legal Tech Institute at Harris County Law Library hosted a training session called Introduction to Lexis Advance. This Vendor Visit provided a nice overview of basic search functions within Lexis Advance and featured many tips and tricks for more effectively locating cases and statutes. The session also offered a preview of upgrades that will be added to the Law Library's Lexis subscription in January. Upgrades include:
- National Primary Plus - National cases, statutes, administrative and agency materials plus all law reviews and journals
- National Briefs, Pleadings, and Motions - includes documents from the most dynamic and high-stakes practice areas of litigation
- National Verdicts and Settlements - including IDEX and American Lawyer Media (ALM) VerdictSearch
- News - robust collection of all LexisNexis news sources
- Matthew Bender Federal Practice Forms - provides a complete range of litigation forms needed for practice in any federal court from federal district courts through and including the Supreme Court of the United States
- Lexis for Microsoft Office
The Legal Tech Institute will offer training sessions in the new year to introduce these and other features of Lexis Advance. Check the LTI Course Catalog for details about Vendor Visits and the rest of our legal tech CLE programs.