The Harris County Law Library is highlighting LGBT legal resources throughout the month of June. Visit the Law Library to view our exhibit, currently on display, where you can learn more about the following
- Lawrence v. Texas; 539 U.S. 558 (2003);123 S. Ct. 2472; 156 L. Ed. 2d508; 71 U.S.L.W. 4574
- Obergefell v. Hodges; 576 U.S. ___ (2015); 135 S. Ct. 2584; 192 L. Ed. 2d 609; 83 U.S.L.W. 4592
- Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010; Pub. L. 111–321, Dec. 22, 2010, 124 Stat. 3515
along with selected resources from the Law Library's print collection including:
- Transgender Persons and the Law
- Sexual Orientation and the Law
- Estate Planning for Same-Sex Couples
- The Impact of Marriage equality on Texas Law (State Bar of Texas CLE)
Additional LGBT legal resources are available via our electronic databases. In particular, the HeinOnline Law Journal Library contains a number of scholarly legal publications, including the Dukeminier Awards Journal, which recognizes the best sexual orientation and gender Identity law review articles of each year, dating back to 2001. A full archive of back issues is available on HeinOnline and on the journal's website at the University of California Los Angeles Law School.
More resources will be highlighted here on Ex Libris Juris throughout the month. Check back often to learn more about other LGBT legal resources and landmark documents in the civil rights battle for LGBT equality.